Friday, November 30, 2007

The end of Movember

It's been a long, strange journey growing this moustache. I've sported some kind of facial hair since I was about 15, but this is the first time I grew only a moustache. I've never realized how powerful facial hair can be in effecting the way people react to you.
Throughout the month I had at least 3 situations where people assumed that since I had the classic conservative Republican look going, that I was a neo-con. They confronted me on various topics ranging from how much they hate Republicans to how spineless Democrats are. I agreed with most of their opinions, but by then we were so drunk and/or high that it was impossible to convince them that I agreed with their viewpoints.
I've also had friends tell me how much they don't like "clean" Jay, even though I haven't felt like my face was this dirty since I grew my goatee out for like a year, the result being a gnarly, tangled mess of pube-like hair growing from my chin that extended down to about my sternum.
Tomorrow will be a new era of facial hair. I'm going to shave off the Mo and possibly dye my hair. I won't be updating this blog with photos on a daily basis anymore, although I may keep a running tally similar to those vids that were popular a while back of the guy who photographed himself every day for like a year.

The end of Movember!



Day 30

No comments: